Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A cluck-cluck here...


Yes, that IS the headline from the cover story in the Fresno Bee on Monday... I've gone on the record in support of my illegal chickens! Risky? Yes. But I had to take a stand! I figure if it does not go well (aka The Man comes to take away the gals) it would be my call to arms to see if I can change the ordinance! Or, I could just chill out for a while more if no one really cares.

What I did NOT expect were the thrashing of comments on the online post. Dear lord! I have been implicated of the following:
1. Causing avian flu
2. Loosing Bee readers
3. Being a hipster
4. Not being in touch with my food source
5. Being too in touch with my food source
6. The reason Google did not choose Fresno
7. Having a yard full of feces and parasites
8. Being white
9. Not being white
10. Starving people (by virtue of disrupting the conventional ag system that does so much to feed the world by mass production).

Strangely, not much about whether urban chickens are morally wrong... Hmmmm...

Curious? Read for yourself and join in on the conversation!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, good for you, chickens are great. Could not email you this :( Sorry-->

This year June 18th the city of Fresno is celebrating the Fresno Chile Festival promoting all things Fresno and all things Chile pepper. Heat is the theme of the day with hot food, hot rods, hot technology, and hot talent. World Music all day, including Cerro Negro, Espacio, Kemaya, Lance Canales, Patrick Contreras, and the Ray Moore Experience will be featured on two stages with food contests including a solar cooking contest, a chill zone and kidz fun zone. Sustainable technologies will be demonstrated using the sun to improve our valley's quality of life. More information at www.fresnochilefestival.com Free Admission, event runs 11am to 7pm.

Anonymous said...

I love your photo choices! Which stock photo agency do you use?

Fresno Foodie said...

Uhhh... I'm all over for the photos. I take what I can get!

Michelle Renee said...

You are like the Fresno Novella Carpenter. I like your ideas and I hope you can change a few peoples minds.